By working with Rank for Local, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below:
1. Rank for Local will carry out work only where a contract agreement is provided by email. For web design contracts payment terms are 50% of the design fee before work commences, then the remainder upon completion prior to the site going live on your domain. SEO & Lead Generation contracts are separate and are billed on a per month basis based on hours retained. All payments for signed contracts are non-refundable.
2. Due to the website security, management and optimizations all sites must be hosted with our hosting company A-GoGo Hosting and cannot be transferred to another hosting provider. Rank for Local cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of this service, or for loss of turnover, sales, revenue, profits or indirect, consequential or special loss.
3. Once your site is live on your domain it is assumed that the project has been completed to your satisfaction. Any additional work is then charged at the prevailing support cost.
4. Should you choose the option of having administrative rights to your website you will be able to make changes to your own site and amend content. Rank for Local does not accept responsibility for any changes that you make to your site.
5. We require you to submit your own text and images for inclusion on your new website. All text should be divided into sections relevant to your page names and submitted by you in electronic format via Wetransfer. All text and images submitted must be free of copyright and Rank for Local accepts no responsibility for any infringement of copyright law arising from any text or images used on your site.
6. We may include plugins on your website to improve the overall user experience on your site. These include but are not limited to contact forms, image slideshows, videos, and maps. As these are third party apps hosted by another supplier we cannot accept responsibility for any loss of service or malfunction that may occur. Each third party reserves the right to alter or remove their service and or charge fees if certain usage limits are reached. Customers will be notified prior to such case and would be able to decide whether or not to continue with the service or to find an alternative provider.
8. We reserve the right to include a screenshot of, and link to your completed website on the portfolio page of our website and on any of our social media accounts.
9. All sites can be viewed on laptops, PC’s, tablets and mobile devices running the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari.
10. One year’s web hosting is included free of charge with all website design packages. Your 12 months hosting begins once your site is live on your domain or one month after you place your order, or once your domain has been registered (whichever comes first). After this time, a fee of £50 per annum will apply, payable annually in advance. Cleared funds are required by the first of the month the anniversary falls within. If the customer does not renew the services the hosting will expire and your site will no longer be live. Once hosting has expired, it will be possible to reinstate your website for a period of 7 days, after 7 days your site will be permanently deleted. Rank for Local excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the hosting as a result of the customer’s failure to renew the services.
11. A .com or .org domain name is included in the initial price. All domain names will be registered in the clients name and as such the domain name belongs to the client, not to Rank for Local . The domain will be registered for 1 year. The renewal is included within the $75.00 annual web hosting fee. If the customer does not renew the services the domain will expire and will be available for general sale. No cash alternative is available for customers who purchase their own domain name.
12. Rank for Local excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the domain name as a result of a technical fault or any other fault caused by the hosting company or any third party.
13. All sites are limited to a total of 2GB of data storage. Should you use more than 2GB of storage we will request for you to either pay an additional hosting fee or delete enough files to bring your total storage back down below 2GB.
14. Website drafts will be created based on the design brief and information provided by the customer. If the design brief changes significantly after the first draft has been created a support charge for any additional work may be applied.
15. If the final payment has not been received within 12 months of the original order being placed Rank for Local reserve the right to cancel this agreement without notice. All design work carried out will be permanently deleted from our hosted design platform and no refund will be payable. Any domains or email accounts that may have been registered will also be canceled and no refund will be payable.
16. Due to external factors, we cannot offer any guarantees regarding the search engine position we will achieve for websites. We cannot accept liability for any change in rankings or drop off in the position of your website due to changes in the algorithms of the search engines or the factors that they use to rank websites.
17. Rank for Local reserve the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or controversial. We also reserve the right to refuse to handle any site found to be involved in any black hat search engine optimization techniques. Should any of these situations arise we reserve the right to terminate your web hosting service without notice and you would not be due a refund.
18. We reserve the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time.